MHHA currently contracts with Brickman for landscaping in our community. If you do not want your front yard serviced, please place a reflector in the front yard in a visible location. Reflectors signal to the crew that a yard should not be touched. The small red reflectors are relatively inexpensive and can be purchased at Home Depot or local hardware stores. Brickman provides the following services:
Turf Management (Grass, Edging)
Shrub and Formal Hedge Management
- Turf will be mowed to a height of 2 1/2 - 3 inches. Mowing will take place every 7-10 days beginning in early April and continue until the end of October except during extended rainy or dry periods. During those periods, mowing will take place as conditions dictate. Blades will be balanced and sharpened as needed.
- Clippings shall be removed from all paved areas and will be raked from grass as necessary after each mowing.
- Trimming around trees, shurbs, signs, and foundations shall be performed as needed in mowed areas. Work shall be performed using hand tools or mechanical devices to present a neat and manicured appearance.
- All accessible curbing shall be edged using mechanical methods every other mowing.
- All accessible concrete walks shall be edged using mechanical methods every other mowing.
- All dirt and debris resulting from edging operations shall be removed from curbs, walks, driveways and patios.
Agronomics (Fertilization, Weed Control)
- All previously mulched ornamental tree and shrub beds will be hard bed edged, weeded, and mulched with double shredded hardwood bark mulch in the Spring.
- Ornamental shrubs will be pruned 3 times during the contract period in order to maintain them in a neat appearance. Work shall include removal of tree and shrub branches interfering with walkways, and sucker growth, as necessary. Month(s) – Summer and October.
- Ornamental tree and shrub beds will be weeded, as needed.
- All turf areas shall be fertilized 3 times per year, in April, September, and November with the proper blend for each season. A soil analysis will be taken to determine actual type of fertilizer to be used.
- Aerate and overseed all accessible turf areas once in the Fall with 4-lbs per 1000 sq ft of fescue type turf.
- Pre-emergent crabgrass control will be applied in late March or early April, and late May or June depending on the requirements of the pre-emergent used.
- Broadleaf weed control to control chickweed, broadleaf plantain and other broadleaf weeds will be applied in April and June.
- Apply appropriate non-selective pre-emergent and post-emergent to sidewalks and curbs to prevent growth of grass and weeds in these areas, as needed.
- The fertilization program for trees and established shrub beds shall provide the proper blend of micro and macro-nutrients for each season. There will be 1 application per year, in October.
- Fertilizer shall be commercial grade, mixed granules or palletized fertilizer, with not less than 50% of the total nitrogen being slowly soluble.
- Material shall be applied in accordance with the manufacturers recommendation and in compliance with the Environmental Protection Agency’s regulations.
- All leaves will be removed from all maintained lawns, plant beds, walks, drives and parking areas 2 times during the contract period, once in November and once in December.
- All leaves and miscellaneous debris will be collected and removed from the grounds once in March as part of spring cleanup.